For over 30 years MPM has been creating state-of-the-art sawmill optimization systems for clients around the world. MPM Engineering has a history of assessing the market needs and creating intuitive solutions for our clients. Browse through our history below and learn how MPM became the industry standard for sawmill optimization systems.
- MPM Engineering Ltd. continues to expand its product line and operations around the globe.
- Development completes of the new lumber inspection product MillEye, to be installed in Scandinavia in 2012.
- MPM Engineering Ltd. opens its own electrical panel and fabrication shop. This 5000 sq ft. facility is fully equipped to provide assembly testing and design control panels, operator cabs, consoles, as well as machine wiring.
- MPM enters the Russian market with a new installation in the Amur region.
- MPM enters the German market with a new installation for Ernst Fisch GmbH & Co. KG.
- Development completes of a new bark detection system, to be installed in Scotland for BSW.
- Development completes of a rotation position and correction analysis system, installed in Canada.
- Development of a transverse board scanning and optimization system completes, and is first installed as a trimmer optimization system with automation updates for Weyerhaeuser Canada.
- MPM enters the Japanese market with new installations for Chugoku Lumber Co.
- MPM Engineering Ltd. & MPM Research Inc. move into new facilities in Surrey, BC.
- MPM’s next generation of Bucking Optimization is born, first installed into the United States.
- MPM enters the Australian market with new installations for Auspine Ltd.
- MPM enters the South American market with new installations for JCE and Arauco.
- MPM enters the Irish market with a new installation for Murray Timber Ltd.
- MPM enters the United Kingdom market with a new installation for Balcas Ltd.
- MPM enters the Scandinavian market with new installations for SCA.
- MPM Research Inc. is incorporated. The primary objective of this new company is to research and develop new technology for optimizing the log and lumber processing industry.
- MPM Engineering Ltd. wins the Annual Passport to Export award as a company with a new product best suited for export. The competition is sponsored by Business in Vancouver magazine in cooperation with BC Trade, Western Diversification, Federal Express and others. MPM Engineering Ltd. is chosen from over 180 entries in the competition.
- MPM enters the New Zealand market with a cutting-edge Bucking Optimization product for KPP. It is the world’s first fully integrated lumber processing system that included stem evaluation, domestic order processing, stem grading / marking, and data storage. In addition, the system analyzes data in parallel to the online system to predict future sales and plan harvesting.
- First true-shape scanning technology is introduced in Canada and optimization software development begins for the new 3-D log models.
- Log scanning and cut optimization becomes a mainstream approach to sawmilling, and MPM being rolling out through-beam single and double-axis scanning systems.
- MPM Engineering Ltd. is founded; the three original partners’ names form the initials MPM. The company is focussed on automation projects within North America.