Looking for an exciting career in a high-tech industry? Feel free to browse our current openings below, and submit your resume at the bottom. While we appreciate all applications, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
MPM Engineering is excited to be offering a unique opportunity for the right individual to join a progressive company, developing Windows-based real-time software applications for the wood processing industry. We have an extensive global customer base that continues to expand, exposing us to new approaches in solving optimization and machine control challenges.
As a software engineer at MPM, you will be responsible for developing software primarily in C++ using the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio. The software products we create contain a variety of content, including image processing, user interface design, 2D and 3D graphical displays, database management, and reporting systems. Domestic and international travel is required in this position, as a large percentage of our clients are outside the Vancouver area.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate strong technical skills as well as possess good interpersonal communication skills. Direct contact with clients in the field is commonplace, and the ability to develop solutions while onsite is necessary. The successful applicant will have a genuine interest in learning new concepts, developing cutting-edge applications, and applying his/her skills to real production processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Computing Science or Software Engineering
- Work experience (e.g. co-op or self-guided) is preferred
- Strong math, algorithm development, and problem solving skills
- Excellent command of English language (written and verbal), fluency in second language is a plus
- C++, MFC, .NET
- Windows operating systems (XP and 7)
Preferred Technical Experience
- Image processing techniques, applied machine vision, and sensor integration
- Real-time systems and code optimization
- Crystal Reports
- Databases (SQL, Access), and database interface technologies (e.g. ADO)
- Web development (HTML, XML, SOAP, PHP, Java)
- DirectX, Direct3D, OpenGL
- Automation systems, including machine control methods
- Electronics and/or basic understanding of electrical principles
- Manufacturing equipment and mechanical system design
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, blueprints
- Canadian citizenship, in good standing with a clean record (will require a valid passport)